The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hello dear friend! I hope that you are doing well today. Below you’ll find my sermon notes for the message Pastor Steven preached at Elevation Church on 01/10/2021 – this message is called Comfort Food.
Before I get to my notes, I’m going to remind you that you can get involved with the ministry at Elevation from anywhere in the world. (Hey #eFam!)
Head to elevationchurch.cc for more information on how to volunteer or join/lead an eGroup.
Be sure to go watch this message on YouTube – I take my notes in real time so you will need context.
Thanks for dropping in – have an amazing day. ?
Sermon Notes : Comfort Food
- Numbers 11:4-6
- What is the food that makes you feel better?
- (Mine is chicken pot pie or anything deep fried.)
- Genesis 41:53-55
- Feel the famine -> Pharaoh
- God will use famine to get you into a place or position of His purpose.
- We want change we choose, and that we can control.
- We can fill ourselves with things that make us feel worse in the end.
- Some of us like chains because they’re comfortable…so we push away people that challenge us to change.
- Miracles have gotten monotonous.
- The same thing everyday can cause us to crave things that almost killed us.
- It feels like everything has changed, but at the same time that everything is the same day after day.
- In between you have nothing.
- You got out of Egypt, but all of Egypt is not out of you…yet.
- So where do you go when you feel the famine, alone, afraid?
- Chains aren’t stable – they only make you feel that way.
- Social media is designed to starve us and keep us coming back.
- Some of what you crave isn’t bad…it’s just where you go to get it.
- Luke 15:13-14
- Things are not as good as we remember them a lot of times.
- Famine brings us back to God.
- Don’t let a craving kill you.
- The problem with Christians isn’t that we want too much, it’s that we don’t want enough.
- My father’s fridge is full.
- You haven’t been eating the wrong things, you’ve been getting them from the wrong place.
- Why do I crave what I hate? And what would be a better way to get it?
- Is there a better way inside of God to get it?
- Exodus 12:38
- Before you can receive the blessing, God has to remove the rabble.
- Are you willing to allow God to remove that rabble?
- Funeral or feast?
Let me know in the comments ⤵️ what your favorite takeaway was. Mine is when he said that we stay in chains because it’s comfortable. That’s so true. Change is hard, it sucks and it takes a lot of hard work. Staying comfortable is preferable a lot of times. But it’s time to move!