The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! This week’s sermon at Elevation Church is titled Come To Your Senses. We had guest Pastor Tim Somers give this message. From June 5, 2022. Tim Somers is a Youth Pastor at Elevation.
Head to this link to find out how to join an online volunteer team, or an eGroup. You’re never alone with Elevation Church! #eFam
Remember that these are not my own thoughts, but the notes I took while Pastor Tim was speaking. Click here to watch Come To Your Senses on YouTube if you need context.
I’ve also linked the bibles verses so you can click to read those, too.
Thanks for taking the time to read today, I appreciate your time. 🏝
Sermon Notes : Come To Your Senses
- Acts 12:1-16
- Most times the need for approval from men precedes bad intentions.
- Sometimes you are free before you even know it.
- You have to remember the church if you want to be able to roll with the punches.
- When is the last time that you intensely sought after God?
- If you can get your kids to YTHX, I urge you to do so!
- We are the church.
- A lot of us use the church like jewelry instead of oxygen.
- If you’re not vocal about it and it isn’t visible, then it isn’t a value.
- If you want to roll with the punches, you’ve got to remember your humanity.
- Angels will do things for people that people can’t do for themselves.
- Peter thought he was seeing a vision, but it was a miracle.
- Can you think of a time when you have experienced “without a doubt”?
- With faith or full assurance of faith.
- Hebrews 11:1
- Doubt deals with you, that’s why U are in the middle of it.
- It’s not about strong faith or weak faith.
- We all have faith, we just might be putting it in the wrong things.
- Without a doubt only happens in hindsight.
- I know that no matter what comes my way, God has me under his hand.
- Your doubts are not a disqualification of your faith.
- If you want to learn how to roll with the punches, you have to remember to keep going.
- Everything starts to operate with the Holy Spirit when you operate without a doubt and with full assurance of faith.
- Pastor Steven says : The only way to truly fail, is to quit.