The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra.
Here are my sermon notes for Bishop TD Jakes’ sermon Come Before Winter. From Elevation Church on February 16, 2020.
Click here to watch Come Before Winter on YouTube.
Click here to volunteer for an online volunteer team or to join an eGroup.
Bible verses are linked if you’d like to read them.
Please remember these aren’t my own words, but simply the notes that I took during the message.
Sermon Notes : Come Before Winter
- Don’t be jealous – be amazed.
- 2 Timothy 4:11-21
- Time is the most precious thing you have.
- God sends amazing people into your life to strengthen, shake you up
- The greatest thing you can give your son is your thoughts.
- Don’t expect people to be loyal. Always figure in a certain percentage of betrayal.
- The people you poured the most into will be the ones who disappoint you the most.
- God is always loyal when others forsake you
- the more they rock you the more God will relegate you
- you can make it on broken pieces, snatch what you have left when the enemy wants to see you drown.
- you’ve been bitten, not beaten
- God didn’t shake up the prison for me to get out, he shook up the prison for him to get in
- hell has never made a prison that God can’t break in to.
- always be feeding your mind.
- you cannot lead if you do not read
- time waits on no one
- don’t let your emotions make you so stubborn that you fail to watch the clock
- you’re not just living together, you’re dying together
- fierce urgency of now.
- you don’t have time to procrastinate
- it takes time to be wise
- make yourself some highlights
- look for the highlights
- at the end of the day all you pay attention to is the highlights.
- the mundane events are of no consequence to the story.
- whatever you’re going to write, write it now
- don’t wait – do it now
Leave a comment below with your favorite takeaway from this message!