The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! I hope you are doing great today! Below you will find my notes for Pastor Steven Furtick’s sermon But Now Be Strong.
This sermon is from Elevation Church on November 14, 2021.
Remember : you can get involved with Elevation from anywhere in the world! Head to elevationchurch.cc to get more info on joining eGroups or volunteer teams.
As always, these are not my thoughts, just the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context will be needed. Click here to watch But Now Be Strong on YouTube.
Also, I’ve linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those as well.
Thanks for taking the time to read today, and please let me know your favorite takeaway in the comments. ?
Sermon Notes : But Now Be Strong
- Haggai 2:1-9
- God is going to give you a word for your weakness.
- You’ll discover strength that was there all along.
- God doesn’t speak with an answer, he speaks with a question.
- Are you distracted, and are you discouraged?
- In the middle of the mess, God sends a messenger.
- Focus on what is left, not what is lost.
- Sometimes you are missing new things because you’re missing things/people God has removed.
- The future and the past are both fiction.
- Sometimes what holds you hostage are the stories that you tell yourself in your heart that never really happened.
- Ezra 3:10-13
- Praise God over progress, not just product.
- Has it been noisy in your heart lately? Is this God or is this the devil? Or social media? Is this faith, or foolishness?
- Trumpets and tears both at the same time.
- At some point the disappointment starts drowning out the faith. Has that been happening in your temple?
- You have to be strong in seasons when it seems like nothing, or it will always be what it is right now.
- Wishing, wanting, waiting won’t get the temple built.
- Work with what God gave you right now.
- It’s not gonna be like it was, it’s gonna be better.
- Their experience became the enemy of expectation.
- The same soundtrack shows a totally different movie for each person.
- Look at you right now.
- It’s your frame of reference.
- Dry your tears, and blow your trumpet.
- Get grateful for what God gave you again.
- Without God I can do nothing, BUT I am not without him.
- The challenge is to shout about nothing.
- Your comparisons are killing you.
- It’s your frame of reference that makes you praise God, or have a pity party.
- Same foundation, different frame.
- What is the expense of what you envy?
- I’m working on what God gave me.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17-18
- Make peace with your present – with how it really is.
- It is freedom to become the version of me that God sees.
- When you have that kind of faith, you announce to the enemy that you are strong in the Lord.
- The deeper you dig, the higher you build.
- The tears taught us how to praise God.
Remember : it’s almost time for year end giving and picking your word for the year!