Hey eFam! I hope you’re doing wonderfully today. Below you’ll find my sermon notes for this weekend’s message at Elevation Church, titled Built Different. This message was delivered by Pastor Steven Furtick.
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Head to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an online volunteer team, or to join an eGroup.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. These are not my thoughts – these are simply my notes from Pastor’s sermon. Also, I take my notes in real time, so context will be needed.
If you’d like to watch this message again, then you can click here to watch on YouTube.
(Bible verses are linked, and will open in a new tab if you’d like to read them.)
Sermon Notes : Built Different
- 1 Peter 2:1-10
- The first step to getting ready is to get rid.
- Not direct behaviors, but attitudes.
- Clearing out a space you know God is going to fill with something better.
- When someone tells you their testimony, it’s usually a time lapse testimony.
- The problems arise when we compare our real life to that type of testimony from someone.
- We all want to skip the stuff that makes us sound not so spiritual.
- God doesn’t build according to the systems of the world.
- Before you can be ready for what God is building, you’ve got to get rid to make room.
- As people, we look at the wrong stuff all the time.
- Jesus was rejected, why do we think we never will be?
- We miss the gift of salvation when we accept Jesus but we reject ourselves.
- We can’t build what’s on someone else’s box with our pieces.
- Your belief is your blueprint.
- Don’t compare your transformation to someone else’s time lapse.
- Exodus 25:40
- Live your faith out loud.
- Don’t reject what makes you special.
- God does not build your future based on what you deserve.
Once again, thank you for stopping by today. Please let me know your favorite point in the comments below.