Please know that these are not my words – they are strictly things that Pastor spoke during the sermon.
Also, these notes are taken in real time so context is needed. You can click here to watch the full sermon on YouTube.
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from anywhere in the world! Head to elevationchurch.cc to learn about how to join an online volunteer team or eGroup.
(I have also linked the Bible verses so you can click to read if you’d like.)
Thank you for taking the time to read today. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Sermon Notes : Borrowed Confidence
- Psalm 27:13
- Philippians 1:3-6; 14
- Being confident is a state of mind for Paul.
- Where your confidence comes from determines when it runs out.
- We all hit seasons where it gets dark, and we don’t know how to do something or that we can’t do it.
- Some of us can’t get through the dark part because we don’t have the right partners.
- If your partner drags you down more, you’ll never get out of the dark.
- Ignorance looks like confidence from a distance.
- To remain confident is not a feeling, it’s a decision.
- 1 Samuel 17:26-30
- There is nothing like people who believe in your when there is nothing to see to believe in.
- Your pain blocks your visibility.
- Try to remember those who believed in you instead of the ones who didn’t.
- Remember right.
- Are you always the needy one, or can someone else stand on your faith for a little while?
- We have to believe that even if people walk away, God won’t.
- “I can break it in my bloodline if I can believe it in my spirit.”
- Don’t let their limitation become your insecurity.
- 1 Samuel 17:34-36
- The things that we use to disqualify ourselves are the same reasons that God wants to use us.
- God has given you a “this” for every “them.”
- Your confidence will follow your focus.
- Borrow from what is already in your bag.
- All you need to believe is to remember.
- Exodus 4:1-5