The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Please remember that these are not my own thoughts, but just the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. You’ll need some context – so you can click here to watch Blown Away on YouTube.
Also – you can get involved with Elevation Church from wherever you are! Visit elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team.
I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click to read those.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. I appreciate your support. 🏝
Sermon Notes : Blown Away
- It’s Palm Sunday.
- Are you going to Elevation Nights tour? If so let me know in the comments which location you’ll be at!
- Get your hopes up today!
- Ruth 2:1-20
- This is a redemption story.
- Sometimes the most impressive people are the ones that you don’t notice at first.
- Don’t be too picky about who God can bless you through.
- It’s payback time.
- God can do some amazing things quickly in your life.
- We don’t get to know that it won’t hurt like this forever, because we don’t get to read the further chapters of our books.
- We shout over now what we doubted about then.
- Matthew 13:44
- You don’t just buy the shiny stuff.
- We don’t know – we hope.
- Our experiences affect our identity.
- Who we are and what we’ve been through become very blurred together.
- We can get so scared that people won’t like what we put out there that we put ourselves down first so that others won’t get the opportunity to do that first.
- Certainty is not a prerequisite for faith.
- Understanding is not a prerequisite for blessing.
- Do you believe that God is guiding your life?
- We can get off track.
- Both can be true at the same time.
- On a scale of 1-10 how much do you believe that God is leading your life?
- We need to learn to glean in our own lives.
- Nobody will do this for you.
- Are you in a strange field trying to figure out what you’re doing?
- It takes getting low enough to learn to glean over the small things.
- Desperation looks just like faith.
- Depression shows us the value of joy.
- Being broke shows us the value of God providing for our needs.
- The longer we stay in a field, the less we will respect the treasure.
- Gratitude takes practice.
- Life layers us with dirt, and bitterness. The treasure is buried beneath that.
- More focused on the work than the blessing.
- We get annoyed by what attracted us in the first place.
- When is the last time you were blown away by God?
- It is easy to see what God did after you’ve been through it.
- The trick is recognizing God’s guidance in real time.
- You can’t have the treasure without the dirt.
- God is still speaking even when we’re not hearing it.
- You can’t really measure it until after it’s been threshed.
- God sends the wind to blow away what we don’t need to live on.
- Has it been windy in your life?
- Believe again in the enoughness of God.
- I STILL HAVE SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR!!
Leave a comment and let me know your favorite takeaway from this message.