The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! Below you can find my notes for Pastor Larry Brey’s sermon from Elevation Church titled Between Two Extremes. From March 15, 2022.
If you’d like to join an eGroup or online volunteer team, click here. You don’t need to live near a campus – you can live anywhere in the world and still be involved with this ministry.
Please remember that these are not my own words, simply the notes that I took while Pastor Larry was speaking. You’ll need some context. So click here to watch Between Two Extremes on YouTube.
Also, I’ve linked the Bible verses, so you can click on those to read them.
Thanks for taking the time to read today. I appreciate you. ?
Sermon Notes : Between Two Extremes
- Matthew 16:13-23
- What questions is Jesus asking you today? He’s trying to reveal something.
- Gratitude is never silent.
- Identity and assignment.
- Confidence in identity leads to obedience in the assignment.
- The purpose of Scripture is to reveal Jesus into your life.
- It’s not what we say, but how we live.
- Some of us are way too passive about the blessings of God.
- Are you a people pleaser?
- Is your frustration determining the temperature of the entire house?
- We punish our kids for our own insecurities.
- Of all the emotions, we only live in a handful.
- It’s either all good or all bad – the world of extremes.
- What’s started as survival has turned into a way of living.
- Generational conditioning.
- My frustration becomes our kids’ conditioning.
- Are we helping our kids realize every single one of their emotions.
- God is so much bigger than the extremes.
- We will try to get the approval of others, or just reject everything to try and get noticed.
- We can change to new things, but we are still the old us.
- A new nature is bigger than a new name.
- People worship personal pleasure.
- When you’re in relationship with Jesus, you get a new nature.
- All of the colors are expressions of humanity, and they are all available to us.
- All of us are either people pleasers, or God pleasers.
- We can feel like we are always falling short.
- We are saved in a moment, he’s our savior.
- He becomes our Lord when we start to hear his voice.
- Faith doesn’t kick Simon out, but gives us the ability to not let him drive.
- The spirit and the flesh are competing for attention.
- Growth in Christ is measured with a calendar, not a clock.
- Assembly is required.
- The primary way that God speaks through you is through his word.
- The bible reads you.
- John 1:41-42
- We can’t hear from God if we are not studying his word.
- The moment we come into relationship with Jesus we get a new nature.
- Matthew 14:33
- The devil believes who we are, but will try to get us to doubt who we are.
- Matthew 3:17
- Christ’s identity is your identity.
- Matthew 17:1-5
- You have the authority to quiet the “Simon” voice inside.
- Luke 9:23
- Your assignment is to follow Jesus.
- Hebrews 12:2
- What is the joy in the cross? Joy of his father, and the joy of all of us.