Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – Beta Blessings
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC but you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Head to elevationchurch.cc to sign up for an online volunteer team, or to join an eGroup.
You can click here to watch this sermon on YouTube.
I take my messages in real time, so context is needed – be sure to watch!
(Bibles verses are linked and will open in a new window if you’d like to read them.)
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know you’re favorite takeaway from this message. ⤵️
Sermon Notes : Beta Blessings
- Revelation 22:12-14
- God does things in our lives in certain seasons that at first we aren’t sure are actually blessings…
- Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, but I need a beta blessing for the spaces in between.
- God is not waiting for you at some future destination.
- Some of God’s greatest blessings are in the form of manna.
- Joshua 5:11
- Sometimes you’ve got to set out with the Word of God not knowing all the details.
- Genesis 12:1-3
- Did God take them for 40 years in the wilderness to get the bugs out?
- Maybe the reason things aren’t working as fast as you want is because God is getting the bugs out.
- There’s some things you prayed for, asked for, and need that are in beta.
- When we get too attached to a beta version, it puts God in a box.
- Manna is not meant to be on the menu permanently.
- Don’t quit; grow.
- God gives you provision to get to certain places.
- It’s not bad, it’s in beta.
- Are there maggots in your manna?
- It’s time to grow up.
- Malachi 3:10-11
- We need to create space in our lives for God’s blessings – so many blessings that we don’t have room for them.
- We can’t have room if every inch of our minds are occupied.
- If we get the blessing too soon, we won’t be ready.
- Stubbornness can be formed into boldness.
- Some things are free at first…
- Luke 5:5-11
- Peter’s lack of success was actually a blessing because it set in motion the circumstances that allowed him to meet Jesus.
- Boat sinking blessings.
- Not when you pray, but when you obey.
- Will you have room to receive it?
- The fish weren’t the blessing, they were the bait.
- God knows how to get you where he wants you to go.
- Sometimes failure is the goal…
- Ask God to get all the bugs out.
- John 21:3-13
- Do it a different way.
- God’s blessings don’t break.
- When we recognize God for who he is, he is already cooking what we’ve been trying to catch all night.
- Are you stuck in a version of you who isn’t really you?
- Don’t let God’s blessings die in the wilderness.