The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Remember that you don’t need to be in Charlotte to be a part of Elevation’s ministry – head to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an online volunteer team or an eGroup.
Also – remember that these are not my own thoughts, just the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. You’ll need some context – click here to watch Bent Knees Break Chains on YouTube. Bible verses are linked as well so you can click those to read.
Thanks for taking the time to visit today. I appreciate you. 🏝
Sermon Notes : Bent Knees Break Chains
- Get ready for a yes.
- Is your heart ready to receive from God today?
- Genesis 50:14-23
- The position you’re in influences the decisions that you make.
- You are not God.
- Stop judging people for the desperate things they do when you’ve never been in that situation.
- The decisions you make influence the position you’re in.
- We can prolong our stay in depression or anxiety by the decisions we make.
- The devil can attack you, but he does’t have to devour you.
- The decision you make in the attack determine that.
- Do you retaliate or bring it to God?
- God’s favor is still on you.
- That makes you humble in high circumstances and hopeful in low circumstances.
- Even my mistakes can become miraculous if I give them to God and be humble about them.
- Within every event is a decision.
- Worship is a decision that you have to make.
- The more we separate the event from the decision the more room it gives God to move on our behalf.
- Stop blaming the events and start making the decisions that God is calling us to make in the events to empower us.
- Or else we will always be a slave to what is happening.
- From pain to purpose.
- If Joseph hadn’t served with excellence in the small experiences, he wouldn’t have been positioned for the bigger ones.
- Daily decisions.
- Sometimes the first decision is to say that something is bad.
- You can’t change them. Stop trying.
- When you’ve seen the goodness of God, your emotions don’t determine your decisions.
- If we use a moment to put someone in their place, then we put ourselves in God’s place.
- If he died for you, and calls you – you can’t change God’s mind.
- The gifts of God don’t depend on you.
- Blame becomes bitterness which becomes bondage.
- You are in an important moment of your life, there’s power in bent knees.
- If you could do it in your own strength, you would have by now.
- God is breaking generational chains.
- You’ve got to much life to live.
- What are you going to do with the time and the life that you’ve got left.
- As long as you rehearse what happened, you can never reverse what happened.
- What comes after your comma?
- Finish the sentence.
- Do what God gave you to do today.
- When you have given up the illusion of control and committed yourself to the process of what God spoke – then you are on your knees.
- Self made means you can be enemy broken. Be God made.
- When you bow your knees to God and surrounded yourself to him, it makes room on your knees for the future that he has in store for you.
- Expect God to bring to your knees a new beginning.