The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
If you need more context or would like to watch this sermon again, click here to watch Been Here Before on YouTube. Remember these are not my own thoughts, simply the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking.
If you’d like to join an online volunteer team or eGroup with Elevation Church, click here.
I’ve linked the Bible verses so you can click on them to read.
Before you go, leave a comment with your favorite takeaway from Been Here Before. 🏝
- Word of the year for Elevation Church : Promise.
- When you’ve chosen your word, and/or would like to make a year end offering click this link.
- Deuteronomy 8:15-20;9:1-5
- As God’s kids we tend to remember the wrong things. Forgetting his faithfulness and focusing on things that don’t matter much.
- How many times has God given us a chance but we don’t take it?
- He’ll make a way but will not push you through it.
- Nothing can stop what God intends to pass.
- Not everything we want is something that he promised.
- Confidence in God’s promise without commitment to his process is not dependence, it’s delusion.
- Phil 4:6-9
- You can’t cancel out a bad thought life with a good prayer life just because you really want it.
- You can’t faith your way out of what you fill your head with.
- We take the promise out of context and pop it like a pain pill.
- We have to plant the seed. But we give up too easily.
- We feel fear and let go of faith.
- The wilderness is the place where God gets you ready for what he has planned next for you.
- If you call on him, God can feel closer to you when you’re in a lonely place.
- God sifts you in the wilderness.
- God can bring blessings out of barrenness.
- Sometimes he brings you to it.
- Switch your focus.
- You can either lose confidence or gain clarity.
- Engrained answers.
- Embedded excuses become popular sayings.
- We slap labels on things to avoid having to work to overcome them.
- We give it a name and it gives us permission to stop becoming who God called us to be.
- We can treat things instead of just living with it. (Anxiety meds, therapy, etc…)
- Struggle is not surrender.
- The power is in the process.
- Whose power are you tapping into?
- Sometimes you’ve got to stand up to yourself.
- Uhh, God…
- Romans 8:31
- When you wake up, God has been awake.
- God is waiting for us, not following us.
- How will you answer the question about your Anakites?
- For the giants you’re facing, there is a God who is greater.
- It is a time of sifting what you wanted from what God really promised.