Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – Be Careful What You Copy
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC, you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Visit elevationchurch.cc for information on how to join an eGroup, or to join an online volunteer team.
Please remember that these are not my words, but the notes that I take while Pastor is speaking. Context will be needed. Click here to watch Be Careful What You Copy on YouTube.
I’ve also linked Bible verses, so you can click to read those.
Thank you for taking the time to read today
Sermon Notes : Be Careful What You Copy
- Hebrews 8:3-7
- Be Careful What You Copy
- A lot of us aren’t conscious into what we are copying – so we have a distorted view of God.
- Sometimes life is like a game of telephone.
- Jesus built a better covenant – he didn’t say to build a tabernacle, he was the tabernacle.
- We are all influenced by culture.
- How do we take God from the mountaintop of inspiration into Monday morning traffic?
- We have to KNOW what God is doing through our life, not someone else’s, so that we build that.
- Be careful what you copy from the culture around you that keeps you from the kingdom within you.
- Sometimes we are copying crazy.
- We don’t have to submit our minds to the stress that the 24 hour news cycle induces.
- Breaking news breaks your brain.
- Be careful what you are holding on from the Egypt that God delivered you from.
- People miss the kingdom by copying the culture.
- Are you having conversations with 280 characters?
- I refuse to conform to crazy.
- Be careful what you copy from a culture that has lost it’s mind.
- Be Careful Who You Envy.
- We crop and copy.
- We see what other people want us to see.
- Some of the people we want to be like are burning out.
- You don’t know what some else’s life cost them.
- There is a surcharge of sacrifice.
- Be careful that you don’t set the blueprint of your life based on someone’s else’s life that you see. They are cropping things out that they don’t want you to see.
- We can miss the bigger picture because we try to copy one part of someone’s life.
- Joshua 1:7
- Where he stopped is where you’re starting.
- The end of your potential is not what you can see.
- Moses is not your model – God is.
- Be careful what you copy from before when God is trying to bring you into something better.
- Most of what we copy in relationships is not what we were taught, but caught from the relational dynamics that we were around.
- We don’t have to copy what we saw when it no longer relates to what we are called to.
- When copying, we lose quality.
- Hebrews 13:7
- We don’t see outcome, but snapshot of someone’s life on instagram.
- God is gibing you permission to do it differently.
- You don’t have to keep doing things the way you’ve always done them.
- Someone else’s context is not your context.
- You have permission to break tradition with whatever does not fit with your calling.
- You need to read the Bible for yourself.
- Be careful you don’t copy the condemnation that other people put on you.
- Be careful what you copy in your heart because it sets the direction of your life.
- Meditate on what God speaks over you.
- Don’t get so caught up trying to copy what you’re not that you never find out who you really are.
- Ephesians 5:1