Hello, dear friend. I pray you are doing great today. I also hope that you are happy and healthy.
At the time of writing this, COVID is still ravaging the world, so I hope that each of you are taking care, washing your hands, and wearing a mask when necessary!
Today, I’m going to give y’all my notes on this weekend’s sermon from Elevation Church. And also remind you that as part of the #eFam – we are not limited by location. Head over to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to become an online volunteer or join an eGroup! Don’t just be a consumer, be a contributor. 🧡
This weekend’s (July 5, 2020) message was delivered by Pastor Jeremy Foster, who is from Houston, Texas.
As always, these are my personal notes, taken in real time. Context is necessary. You can watch the full message here on YouTube.
Sermon Notes : Across the Threshold
- God’s blessing on my life fills in the blank.
- God is with me on the mountain because I haven’t got there on my own.
- A true worshipper can worship God anywhere.
- Sometimes you have to be willing to look foolish in order to have faith.
- The one thing that has brought us all together in this season is just how strange it has been.
- Your struggle needs a soundtrack, because the enemy will try to play a tune for you, and you’ll start listening to a song that God had never intended you to hear.
- You are on the threshold of a promise.
- A threshold is designed to be walked over, or stepped into.
- Some of us are on the wrong side of the threshold.
- You will not die in your dilemma – God has called you to walk through this thing.
- You have to stir up what is on the inside of you.
- Your obedience will either walk you into or out of God’s favor.
- God loves you through failure, mistakes and hard seasons.
- Ephesians 2:10
- God has a good plan, but you have to be prepared to follow it.
- It will open up things that you are not able to open on your own.
- God is calling you out of darkness into this marvelous life – don’t argue to stay where you are.
- You’ve got authority.
- God wants to get you noticed.
- The only way to accelerate is to respond when God calls.
- Joshua 1:10-11
- Get ready.
- Some of you are better in a battle. That’s what when you pray and stir up and ignite what is inside of you.
- Revelation 21:5
- If God did it before, he will do it again – but in a new way.
- God loves new things.
- You can’t overlook the vessels.
- This pertains to Jesus’ first recorded miracle of turning water into wine.
- He chose the vessels that were broken and dirty.
- Psalms 96:1
- Some of us are tying to walk into a new season singing an old song.
- God is changing everything in this season.
- Hold onto to the hope that you have from our creator.
- He is up to something.
- It’s easy to get comfortable in a place we weren’t called to.
- We have to decide whether we will follow God into promise or stay in provision.
- When I am weak, then I am strong.
- Some of us can only accept when we can see.
- God is waiting to give you a blessing, but he’s waiting on you to ask for it, and to be ready for it.
1.)This won’t be easy, but it’ll be good.
- Nothing good was ever easy.
- You run yourself full, but not fulfilled.
- Don’t settle for a hot pocket blessing – God is working like a crockpot.
- God is still on the throne.
- We’ve got to see it for ourselves.
2.) You can’t stay here.
- We can get so distracted that we stay where we are and don’t hear God knocking on the door.
- Never underestimate your ability to get distracted by things that don’t matter.
- I need to stay in my own lane.
- Psalm 27:4
- What is your one thing?
3.) Remember you have a promise
- You understood that at one point, but forgot it along the way.
- No matter where you are or what you’ve done – you have a promise.
- Deuteronomy 4:28
- Where is there? Wherever you are.
- If you seek, you WILL find.
- God will not let you be alone.
- Make sure you’re around the right people so when we walk into the promise we can receive it.
- Find someone who has already been there.
- Who are you following in this season?
- God calls us to move in the hardest seasons.
- This is when God shows off – when only he can get the glory.
- We will see not only revival but awakening happen.
- Faith usually involves ridiculous things.
- You have to have faith to deal with the impossible.
- If I put God before me, there’s nowhere I can’t be.
- They stepped and it stopped.
- You’re waiting on a stop, and God is waiting on a step
- The only thing stronger than the will of God is the choice that he gives you to abide in his word.
- What step is God asking you to take right now?
- Worship and step.
- Trust that God will stop whatever he wants to stop because he has a plan.
And there you have it, folks.
Thanks for dropping by today. Let me know your favorite part of the sermon in the comments below! ⤵️
Take care and have an amazing week. 💛