Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – A Troubled Mind and an Open Door
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friend! I hope you’re having an amazing day so far. Below you’ll find my notes for Pastor Steven Furtick’s sermon titled A Troubled Mind and an Open Door.
This message was given at Elevation Church on September 19, 2021.
Even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Visit elevationchurch.cc for details on how to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team.
Please remember that these are not my own thoughts, but simply the notes I took while Pastor was speaking. Context is needed – click here to watch A Troubled Mind and an Open Door on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those as well.
As always, I appreciate you taking the time to read today. 🏝
Sermon Notes : A Troubled Mind and an Open Door
- 2 Corinthians 2:10-13
- Sometimes the obstacle is the opportunity.
- It’s important to understand the text in context.
- Some people are more strategic than others. (This doesn’t necessarily make them more valuable though.)
- Each person has a situation that is uniquely difficult, and uniquely wonderful.
- Nobody can hurt you greatly if you haven’t invested in them greatly.
- The proof that I love you, is that I am capable of hating you.
- God worked through Paul’s dysfunctional relationships with people.
- Have you seen God open doors in your life?
- Without the opportunity that God gives, all of your ability means nothing.
- Don’t manipulate a situation to put yourself there, because you will carry the burden of performance.
- We should always pray to have God’s hand on the knob, whether he opens or closes the door.
- When God opens a door, nobody can shut it.
- If the door you’re in front of won’t open, then it is not yours.
- Let go of the offense to seize the opportunity.
- You are an important city.
- Revelation 3:7-8
- When people leave you aren’t, you’re not locked out because God has the key to that room.
- Everybody doesn’t like you, and not everybody has to.
- The battle is not about strength, it’s about strategy.
- Satan is not stronger than you.
- John 16:3
- 1 John 4:4
- Do you struggle to keep your mind in the same place as your body?
- The enemy what’s to mess with your mind so much that you can’t even enjoy the moments that God gives you.
- He wants to mess with your focus so that you can’t even sit to pray.
- Disappointments, Outcomes, Offenses, Regrets
- Not only does God use open doors, but so does Satan.
- Have you been not letting new people love you because of how old people hurt you?
- Scars are good, that means you’ve healed.
- The devil uses things that haven’t even happened to deter you from the doors that are right in front of you.
- What God has on the other side of that door is so important.
- There will always be an enemy to anything significant.
- The size of the devil at your door indicates the size of the assignment on your life.
- Don’t die here. This is a door.
- The enemy is using a story to keep you from going through your door. (They won’t like you, they won’t accept you, no one cares about you, you don’t have what it takes, you’re going to fail and everyone will laugh, etc…)
- What we are troubled about, God has already worked out.
- 2 Corinthians 7:5-7
- Joy, hope, reconciliation are coming!