The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! Thank you for taking the time to read today. Below you’ll find my sermon notes for Pastor Jabin Chavez’s message titled A Ridiculous Reality. This sermon was given at Elevation Church on June 20, 2021.
Please note that these are not my own words or thoughts, but merely the notes I took while the pastor was speaking. Context will be needed, click here to watch this entire message on YouTube. Also, I will link to the bible verses, so you can click to read those.
Even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Visit elevationchurch.cc to find out how to join an eGroup or to learn more about online volunteer teams.
Special Note : Love Week is coming up in July! Visit elevationoutreach.org to find an event near you, or to learn how to host one.
Sermon Notes : A Ridiculous Reality
- 1 Samuel 17:33-34
- Acts 13:22
- My outlook is more important than my circumstance.
- I’m trying to change what I’m surrounded by, but God is trying to change inside me.
- Don’t limit God to someone who can just do things for you while refusing to allow him to do something in you.
- You rarely choose your giant – usually your giant chooses you.
- We must choose to fight.
- Don’t die as a victim of your circumstance because you’re angry at the fight that has been given to you.
- You can miss your growth if you try to pray your way out of your situation.
- Point #1 You must choose courage over worry.
- Courage is not an absence of emotion – just belief that God is stronger.
- Satan will work your taunt as long as you let him talk.
- Fear is justified – living in it is not.
- You can get your confidence back.
- Faith will always look ridiculous.
- The miraculous and the ridiculous are connected.
- God will answer your prayer with instruction.
- Do something that pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- Do what you can do and God will do what you cannot.
- If God just gave us everything, we would never change.
- It sounds ridiculous – until it works.
- Point #2 Faith over Fact
- There will always be an excuse.
- You have to see the same issue a different way.
- Point #3 God’s Word Over Man’s Opinion
- Hear what God is saying to you.
- You don’t live your life listening to the haters.
- Push back against the voices trying to keep you from walking in victory.
- Goliath is your opportunity for elevation and promotion.
- The giant you are facing is revealing that you are bigger on the inside than Goliath is on the outside.
- Giants reveal our calling, and teach us to pray.
- You’re better after the conflict.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read today. Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite takeaway.