The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hey there friends. I hope you’re doing great today! I know I suck at following through on my promise of more updates, but that’s really because trying to put everything into a cohesive post seems impossible to me.
Instead, I’m going to write a quick bulleted list of things that have been happening here in the Midwest with our family :
- Our puppy had surgery last week, and you’d never know it – she did so well…we are just waiting to have her sutures removed.
- I’m so far behind on my #goodreadschallenge, I’m probably not going to hit my goal – but that just means a bigger goal next year!
- This has probably been the hardest year for me reading wise – I hit a couple really major slumps and had a hard time reading anything that wasn’t Game of Thrones or Harry Potter related.
- I got my girls in the kitchen with me quite frequently recently cooking dinner – that’s been so much fun and they really get a confidence boost when they see how good everything tastes. I even got to review a copy of a cookbook for teens, and they chose and cooked 2 complete meals out of it, and did wonderfully.
- My husband and I – through much soul searching and questions, (and let’s be honest – arguments) – have decided that we don’t want to live in the midwest so we are actively seeking ways to get back to the east coast.
- Ellie (the pup) is 6 months old and I can’t believe we’ve only had her for about 4 months because it seems like she’s been a part of this family for much longer.
- My husband and I celebrated 12 years of marriage and to say that it’s a miracle we’ve made it this far is an understatement…but that’s a story for another day. We’ve had some highs and lows, but thankfully we’ve found ways to keep choosing each other – and now our marriage is better than I ever dreamed it could be.
- We have had some people close to use get diagnosed with COVID recently, so prayers up for them that they are on the mend soon.
- I always say that I’m going to be a better blogger and post more – and then don’t…but I’m really going to try – I’ve got a schedule for each week that I think is manageable so it’s just a matter of staying on top of it.
- I’m so grateful for all of you who stop by and read these words. It really means a lot to me…even if they don’t make sense sometimes. ?
- I hope you’ve got some great coffee, and that you enjoy the rest of your day. ?
That’s all I’ve got this time around, but I’ll see you back here next week for more updates from our family! ☕️